Thursday, July 16, 2020

July 16 2020


Well fuck......it's been over 12 years since I've written a blog post about our lives.  I have a bit of a problem with commitment lol...... Took me 10 years to propose to the most amazing person in the world. 

Well let me rewind back 12 years, haha.   I'm currently high in my in laws first level river house,  semi quarantined since March.  (Geiger River Retreat)

Ok 12 years ago ....

December 2008
  I'm guessing we just finished spending time with her spoiled siblings in Florida.  For as long as I could remember it was rare that we spent Christmas in Virginia.  We really had not needed to because I wasn't raised with Christmas's Thanksgiving and all those amazing holidays that get family together. 

  It was extremely different for a Laotian minority about holidays.  American Holiday's were a day to get FUCKED UP!!!!  Drink and just be together, shit I guess that's the same for most Americans lol,  but we drinker harder than usual because you had more days off to recover, haha.   In my old community every weekend was a gathering of family and friends.  Whether it be someones house for gambling or chicken fights or someones wedding celebration, the culture was awesome, so this American Christmas was new to me :) haha. 

  Our Christmas life with the Griswalds, as my father in law would call it, with a chuckle, every time lol! Christmas in Merritt Island Fl.  was something out of a movie scene.  When the clocked struck 6am every kid in the house was up and in the living room.  This room was at least 1000 sq.  feet filled with presents.   If you were to count the rings around a tree to see the age, the rings around this Christmas tree was 10 rings deep full of presents.    Only time I saw that many present of was seen on Home Alone when Kevin got stuck in New York and his family found him, then FAO Schwarz guy sent presents to the family at the Hotel had booked with his dad's CC lol, such a classic.  Well that was my Tiffany's parents house
Home Alone presents scene = Geiger family Christmas
3 hours later, all the presents have been open and the living room was covered in ribbons and wrapping paper.   My father in law Jeff exhausted from playing Santa Claus is now drinking egg nog, he would only have 1 though, so my hopes of seeing Jeff Geiger in rare senior beach week form was not coming out, he usually doesn't get to loose.   So now Carol Geiger is whipping up some Christmas breakfast, this was like Christmas all over to me lol,  FOOD!!!!! Some people look forward to Christmas to be overly excited which equals only ONCE a year excitement..... But imagine being that same excited for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that's what food does to me every day 3 times a day.   The disease is called CMH (Christmas Morning Happiness).  
  
  Merritt Island is a cool place to be at Christmas time, Palm Trees water and awesome people.  I suggest meeting a Florida girl or boy and make Florida part of your life.  You'll get accustomed to going to bed between 7-8pm Fun's usually over when my in laws hit the couch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment